Wednesday, February 3, 2010

It's Mine!!

I bought the 86 Westy I looked at last week, I can still barely believe it's mine. The previous owner, the angel that he is, drove it to my place. My stick shift experience is limited and rusty, so I'll be doing some parking lot practice before I try to tackle Vancouver's hills.

On Sunday I finally found some time to start scrubbing down the inside. It's not bad, but since I can't drive it yet I figured I might as well do the one thing I can for the moment, make it sparkle. Et, c'est un peu comme avoir un nouveau amant, I just can't seem to stop touching it.

I had a friend with me who happily sat in the "Queen's Throne" (desolee D, c'est mon westy, cet siege est pour la reine), drank ciders and windexed a window or two while providing sage advice like "Frotte plus fort!." Good help is hard to find these days.

The one downer to the whole day was the theft of the roof rack. Le van m'appartiens pour moins que 24hrs et deja quelque chose a ete voler! I leaned the rack against the fence just beside the van and while I had my back turned scrubbing cupboards someone waltzes away with the bloody things!!! Grrr. All I can say is thank the gods I kept the brand new tires in the trunk. I'm going to put up a sign, something along the lines of "Hey, you! Yeah, you. The one with the sticky fingers. I'ld greatly appreciate it if you would bring my roof rack back, you fucker. Thank you kindly." I don't think my chances are good, but I'm sure it'd help me feel better. I believe the word I'm looking for is 'closure'.

On a positive note, tomorrow is my first date with the parking lot. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment