Friday, February 24, 2012

Of Tomatoes and Gypsies

Wellington is windy and not very hot during the summer, not the best conditions for growing tomatoes outside. Nevertheless, I decided to give it a shot. The poor plants, grown from seed by the way, have been tossed around in gale force winds, and have bent themselves to grow close to the ground.

At first I didn't create a shelter for them because I ran out of free time. Then I decided to experiment and see what I would get if I left the tomato plants as is, thinking that next year I'll build a mini green house.

Needless to say I was a bit surprised when I found these guys hiding while I was weeding a week ago. Ain't they cute, all nestled and shy?


Miramar is a sleepy neighbourhood where not much out of the ordinary (read: exciting) happens. But guess what rolled onto my street a couple of nights ago? Gypsies!




When I saw this bus I got a sharp pain of longing for my Westy and a strong urge to hit the road again. Fortunately Mom and I are leaving for a 2 week road trip of the South Island soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment