Monday, January 16, 2012

It often amazes me how quickly some veggies grow. I planted radish seeds about 3 weeks ago and now have big, beautiful, yummy, organic radishes I can just pull out of the ground and munch on whenever I want. If you have a small space and want the biggest bang for your square centimetre, radishes are a must. And there are so many kinds to choose from!

On the other hand, I started the broccoli from seed, inside, 3 months ago and am just now starting to harvest. Definitely worth the wait, tho. Last night my supper consisted of a head of steamed broccoli and cheese sauce. Nom nom nom nom.

It's my first experience growing broccoli, and for the longest time that part of the garden just looked like a jungle of big, green leaves. One day Mr R was poking around the veggie patch and exclaimed that he saw broccoli heads. Sure enough, the bastards were hiding! All cutely tucked into their forest of vegetation. It must have been awfully traumatic when I unceremoniously cut them from their stalks. Watch out brassicas of the world! Vieve the veggie hunter is on the loose with her opinel garden knife. Mwahahaha!






No comments:

Post a Comment